How to cook a pizza the right way

Big Green Egg which is as far as I can tell almost identical to the Kamado Joe

Anybody want my piece…

administrators

They are very similar. The KJ has this ability to ‘divide and conquer’ which means the heat deflectors are half circles which you can cook food directly over the coals and other food that is above the heat deflector at the same time. More versatile.

I heard that the BGE are now doing this too.

administrators

If you know how to cook a decent pizza, you might try to teach my local pizza place. It was very good with a succession of Italian owners, but now, with indian owners, it’s not worth a pinch of cocky cack.

My comments were more directed at the string of stuff ups
Buys pizza base
Overloads it
Drops bits off it
A sand dune of polenta as a base
Lifting it to have a look and all the slop runs to the middle
Burnt to buggery
Would I like a slice, no thankyou… but maybe he thinks that is gourmet.

I used to work with a Chinese bloke whose father was something of a local loser.
He bought a pizza shop of a Greek and part of the deal was the GReek would show the Chinese how to make pizzas for about a 4 week changeover, neither spoke English and he was broke within a few weeks.

last edited by bunyip
administrators

Yeah, that does look like a crappy pizza.

When I do them I put the heat deflectors in the middle and pizza stone on top so that there is a sizable air gap between them. Stops the burning.

@shy-ted said in How to cook a pizza the right way:

If you know how to cook a decent pizza, you might try to teach my local pizza place. It was very good with a succession of Italian owners, but now, with indian owners, it’s not worth a pinch of cocky cack.

There are a chain of them here called Pizza Boys, all Ghunga Din look alikes and turn out the shitiest pizza I have ever had, they have even infiltrated some La Porchetta franchises, the former makes maccas look good and IMO that really is crap.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.