Why Me

Why Me, we have several credit cards, I have a free Latitude Infinity visa card that has no fees, statement costs, etc It as carry over from a MYER card that we don’t use and is for emergency only
A commonwealth Diamond MasterCard that we get free travel insurance and points with, we use this for large purchases as it also gives 12 months extra warranty on anything you buy and will pay the difference if you find a similar item within 5k radius that is cheaper. We also use it for medical expenses, and shmbo uses it for beauty treatments, never use it online or overseas,
Shimbo also has a Commonwealth Master card with the lowest limit, this one we load up and use overseas when we travel.

we have both got Debit cards for anything we buy on line or has auto pay on it, netflix, stan opal card, toll unit for the car etc which have a keep with only a hundred or so on them.

Got the visa bill today for the Diamond Master Card. 10th Feb Helpdeskvaveg.com ONLINE ## GBR MERCHANT $0.62 obviously the try on, then 24th feb two for $141 and $138

27th Feb $0.62 Infodeskglogic.com Online ##GBR MERCHANT Another try on

Fucking pricks just spent an Hour or so at the bank getting cards cancelled and doing the paperwork to get the costs reversed

I never use the card for internet banking , never store account numbers or passwords on the computer, don’t use it for tap and go etc and only use it at the same places as normal,

Fucking Scammers

Look at the statement for everywhere you used it in person & have a think if the card left your hands at any of those transactions.

Make a point of never letting the card out of your hand, tell them to put the machine where you can reach it, don’t let them swipe it or insert it.

Done that Cliff for the past 4 months, as I say we only use it for specific stuff and never on line and doesn’t leave the mitt so how did they hack the 3 number code on the back, got me fucked and fucken angry.

Somebody has seen/copied your card or somebody where you have used it has stored your card details & had them stolen by a hacker or by a crook employee.

administrators

Why Me

God doesn’t like you.

I had my details swiped while it was still in my pocket by someone with a scanner, I now carry my cards in metalic wallet that the scammers can’t scan through.
I check my account daily and found a transaction for $99 for Nguyen Software and outfit I had neither dealt with or heard of.
Was my Woolworths card and they cancelled the card straight away and reversed the transaction, had a new card in a few days.
I use that card for just about everything as I have to have a liability to justify my salary sacrifice at work, this is it and I pay it off each week from my bank account so as to not attract any interest although Mr Nguyen showed some interest in it.
Most cards allow a $100 transaction without a check so it seems that mine was on the money, no PIN required.
God loves me and so does Jesus.

Just ordered a set of RFID blocking sleeves, 5 for cards and 2 for passports.

@termite said in Why Me:

RFID blocking sleeves

Where from?

Foilies work.

last edited by Cliff Rogers

It’s all a bit of nonsense really.

The fact that the banks are prepared to wear the risk shows just how little risk there is.

@bunyip said in Why Me:

I had my details swiped while it was still in my pocket by someone with a scanner,

Unless you had only one card in your pocket and it was the top one with the others buried deep below it that probably didn’t happen. Think about it logically - two or three nfc cards mashed together neatly scramble the (already encrypted) data - that’s the real reason for RFID protected wallets - they have an unprotected sleeve so that the one you want to use can be kept in it (say your public transport card or office security card) and the others won’t scramble the data.

Hacking credit cards is more likely - the few cent transaction is to confirm the pin - then happy days!

The ten dollar tool to guess your next credit card number.

How to guess credit card security codes.

how hackers can guess credit card security codes in six seconds.

@cliff-rogers said in Why Me:

@termite said in Why Me:

RFID blocking sleeves

Where from?

ebay, cheap as.

@termite said in Why Me:

@termite said in Why Me:

RFID blocking sleeves

Where from?

ebay, cheap as.

Thanks.

We head off in a week, most likely won’t get any in time, might use alfoil… if I wrap it around my head nobody is going to come close enough to me to scan my card. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

administrators

@termite said in Why Me:

@termite said in Why Me:

RFID blocking sleeves

Where from?

ebay, cheap as.

Thanks.

We head off in a week, most likely won’t get any in time, might use alfoil… if I wrap it around my head nobody is going to come close enough to me to scan my card. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s true with or without alfoil

If you stick your cards down the front of your chastity belt you could save a few bob…

@bitingmidge said in Why Me:

chastity belt

Where do you get them from?

administrators

chastity belt

Make them out of alfoil.

You got the plans?

chastity belt

Amazon.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.