Banking Royal Commission
administrators

Interesting revelations coming out of the royal commission.

The banks have knowingly stolen millions from people. My guess is that the executive of the banks will get off with a slap on the wrist for this despite pocketing millions in bonuses.

Someone who breaks into a house a few times and steals a few grand, get jail.

Same goes for employers who under pay their staff, at worst have to pay it back and maybe pay a fine. Steal $10 from your employer, you’re convicted of a criminal offence.

White collar crime is acceptable.

You are not fucking wrong, the pricks that run the operation should get goal time and so should the managers of the areas that were pushing their staff to knowingly cheat people.

I wonder how many deserving people will get any compensation.

Well let’s let the commission run it’s course and see what the commissioner’s recommendations are. He seems to be a hard nut to me. I think that there will be more than a few banking executives having sleepless nights.

I’ll be disappointed if it does just end up as a slap on the wrist.

CBA applying charges to dead peoples accounts ‘but your Honour, we never received any complaints’

@bunyip said in Banking Royal Commission:

CBA applying charges to dead peoples accounts ‘but your Honour, we never received any complaints’

Sounds a bit like fraud to me.

We all keep saying “the banks” and “AMP” have ripped people off. The banks and AMP haven’t ripped people off, the rippers-off are individuals (I hesitate to say humans), the CEOs, board members and managers, who should do gaol time like some poor bastard who ripped off Centrelink for a couple of grand.

It’s a curious thing to me, that this sort of behaviour is not thought of as fraud in the eyes of the law. Having said that, I was involved once (on the “victim” side) with a bunch of guys whom we shall call “the franchor’s agents” who had dudded around twenty people out of about $20k each. (it’s a long complicated story to do with misrepresenting lease conditions - no one signed their life away). The fraud squad called a meeting, but decided that since the total was only $800k they wouldn’t take any action, despite having all the evidence.

Apparently the chances of gaining a worthwhile conviction are not great for amounts involving less than $1m (20 years ago).

That left us a bit disillusioned!

I believe the problem is bonuses and how they are derived. Targets are healthy for any sales based activity however the obscene bonuses that exist in the financial industry are the driving force behind a lot of this stuff.

I met some young hipster fuckwit through a friend and he was jerking off about how guilty he felt for the amount of money he was getting for the actual job he was doing. He was working at some financial institution. He was clearly a wanker being paid way too much.

If you live in Sydney you only need to go for a dink anywhere around george/macquarie street on a friday night to see what sort of culture is out there and the overpaid douche bags within it.

On the other hand I guess its only a rort if you’re not in it!

G’day Steve, welcome to The Shed.

Are you the real deal or somebody trying out a bit if identity theft?

Granted most members here don’t use their real names or photos but they aren’t hiding behind another person’s name & photo.

Fake ID is one thing, ID theft is different & I don’t think it is right.

@cliff-rogers said in Banking Royal Commission:

Are you the real deal or somebody trying out a bit if identity theft?

Of course he’s the real deal. If he was a fake he would have impersonated a decent actor like Jack Thompson or Bryan Brown.:grinning:

Fake ID is one thing, ID theft is different & I don’t think it is right.

Fake I.P too unless he’s on holidays in Melbourne! :D

@steve-bizley said in Banking Royal Commission:

He was clearly a wanker being paid way too much.

Well I guess an actor with a bit of success would know all about that.

@shy-ted said in Banking Royal Commission:

OK Teddles where did the formatting come from? Cutting and pasting reveals nothing but it still appears!

last edited by bitingmidge

@bitingmidge said in Banking Royal Commission:

OK Teddles where did the formatting come from? Cutting and pasting reveals nothing but it still appears!

Dunno, nothing I did deliberately, it just happened.

@steve-bizley said in Banking Royal Commission:

you only need to go for a dink

Mate Sydneysiders don’t go for a ‘dink’ that’s a melbourne term.

However wherever you are from it matters not, and at least I will offer the traditional greeting ‘get fucked’

@shy-ted said in Banking Royal Commission:

@bitingmidge said in Banking Royal Commission:

Dunno, nothing I did deliberately, it just happened.

Well I like it.

so if you put four spaces in front of a quote - that happens!

Magic!

like this but I don't know how to change colours. seriously

or

if you put spaces in front of a normal line this happens.

or
> four spaces then right bracket

right bracket then five spaces
four spaces
last edited by bitingmidge
@shy-ted said in [Banking Royal Commission](/post/4597):
 > Oooh! New toys!

be buggered, so it does…

last edited by bunyip

That has to be the best hijack I’ve seen in a bloody long time, congratulations Ted.
On the subject of doubtful prosecutions and lack of penalties mentioned above, I think quite a lot of that will be rectified with the new laws passed in the last few days.

One observation I saw - board members of the banks/AMP. A fairly small group who are across a lot of major companies and charities/arts groups in Australia.
Ban them from being directors and a lot of companies are going to have shortages on their boards. Good would be answer to this problem, find some actual talent.

@tqft said in Banking Royal Commission:

Ban them from being directors and a lot of companies are going to have shortages on their boards.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

administrators

This is certainly entertainment.

Celebrity Planner Fucks Up

Everyday there is some gob-smacking revelations on how badly our financial institutions have behaved. Stealing from people from a position of trust. Cunts, cunts, cunts! I hope they get rogered.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.