Bastards

We have a Woolworths credit card and every three months we get a shopping card for the points we have accrued, this is generally about $100-150, the last one didn’t arrive and I asked for a replacement, of course between the time of asking and its pending arrival the cancelled card arrived (4 weeks from the time they claimed it was sent), they also told me that when using said card ID is required.
Contacted Woolworths and they told me to destroy it which I did and patiently waited for the new one, four weeks go by and nothing so I call them yesterday and told that it was sent and has been redeemed at Woolworths in Cannington Victoria.
Explain that I have not received it and I have no idea where Canningto is in Victoria, after much farnarcling and the usual corporate bullshit I am told it will be sent for review and investigated.
I am expecting a call early next week.
A few niggles:
I checked google maps and find the only Cannington in Australia is in WA, I was aware of that but I have not been there since 1967.
I have used these cards before in store and have never been asked for ID.
I hate being fucked around by dickheads who clearly have no idea what is going on but seem to think that I may have forgotten using it.
Will see what happens next week, the card was for $100 but it is my $100 and if employees are supposed to check ID I think that the obligation falls on them, the card is only able to be redeemed at Woolworths, Dan Murphy, BWS and Caltex/Woolworths Fuel.
Generally pissed off with their attitude and ‘we did our bit, fuck you’.

Similar thing happened to me this morning. Got an email from Coles yesterday promoting Abbott’s bread, grab a loaf and at the checkout the price will be deducted from your bill when you swipe your Flybuys card.
I’m the one who puts the shopping through the checkout each week and sure enough there was no rebate for the bread on my docket. Up to the complaints counter and, luckily I know most of the staff, explained the situation, and got my money back. I don’t know if it would have been so easy if someone they didn’t know had the same complaint, although she did say that this was a common problem with some of their individual promotions.

Loyalty points schemes are fine til they go wrong & then they do more damage than good.

I will NOT ever go back into a Gloria Jean’s for coffee, some won’t go there 'cos they don’t like the coffee, I don’t mind the coffee, I lost enough points for a freeby when they changed from stamped/clipped paper to electronic swipe cards & was told to “go online & put in a claim.”
‘Get fucked’ says I, ‘if you can’t fix it, you just lost a customer & bought a shitload of negative advertising.’

Not a member of any loyalty schemes - I don’t want them knowing my shopping patterns or sending me spam advertising emails or anything else.

Besides, I’m not loyal to anyone.

@shy-ted said in Bastards:

I’m not loyal to anyone.

Rubbish… you have a dog.

@cliff-rogers said in Bastards:

Rubbish… you have a dog.

True. I’m his emotional support person.

@shy-ted said in Bastards:

Not a member of any loyalty schemes - I don’t want them knowing my shopping patterns or sending me spam advertising emails or anything else.

Besides, I’m not loyal to anyone.

I felt the same for many years until I realised I was paying for it anyway so i might as well reap the benefits. The benefits average about $250.00/year in Flybuys points that translate to 2 weeks free grocery shopping.

I salary sacrifice which increases my tax threshld by $16.5k but requires that I have debt to contribute this amount to, after much searching this the card i cchose and pay all my bills with it and pay it off in a matter of days.
I buy a few biggish items like the mig and pay all utilities, this to date has given me back about $2k which buys essentials like single malt annd a few luxury items like a spa treatment for swmbo.
That is $2k i would never have seen and to date i have not paid any interest or fee.
We get emails that offer bonus points on some purchases, they are mixed but we do take them up on it sometimes, last one was any purchase at woolies, bws and caltex in one week for 3000 points extra, that is another $15 we get plus the purchase points.
Some offers are rubbish so we delete them, telemarketers try to call my mobile but i have an app that rejects them so all is good.
As Bill said it is money that you would otherwise not see so why not grab it.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.