Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer

I used to fishing with the State Pathologist who had a boat on Bruny, he would always get hopelessly pissed and leave me in control and also to take care of the young nurses he always seemed to attract.
Was about a 50’ converted trawler which was well set up, many a wild weekend was spent on that while the good Dr slept, when we got back I had to drive him home in his Merc and pickup up my old VW to get home.
Usually went home with a sore dick and a few fish.

@bunyip said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

Usually went home with a sore dick and a few fish.

That’s different, I can recall a sore dick and smelling of fish. ;)

There are only two things that smell like old fish crates, and one of them’s old fish crates.

@dog said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a Cascade. They’re not horrible, just bland and uninteresting. At least it’s an ale.

I’m not going to waste my time drinking ordinary beers.

Try Cascade’s First Harvest if you can get hold of it, I think it would suit your palate.

Edit: Never mind, I googled it to provide a link but they stopped brewing it in 2016.

Here is a link that might be of interest if they have changed anything by the time you visit the great southern land again.

https://www.beerandbrewer.com/cub-announces-crafty-plans-for-cascade-brewery/

administrators

Thanks, I’ll have a try when I see one. Not convinced the big brewers have the passion to make great beer tho.

Little Creatures was bought out by a big brewer and I believe their beers are now made in several locations.

They are still managing to make Rogers’ well.

It’s my go to beer.

administrators

@enter-username said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

Little Creatures was bought out by a big brewer and I believe their beers are now made in several locations.

It’s my go to beer.

Little Creatures went down hill. It’s not bad but not as good as it once was.

Rogers is ok. I’ll drink that if there’s nothing else.

@dog Nice photos Dog. Proper camera eh?

Oh yeah, the photos - well done! :D

administrators

@murrayd99 said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

@dog Nice photos Dog. Proper camera eh?

Just with my phone.

My neighbour loves Cascade. So much so he has around 12 bottles per day every day.

In NSW now you can return beer bottles for 10c each. He is kind enough to give us all the bottles. So we went to return the bottles yesterday with 2 months worth of bottles. We had nearly 700 bottles.

700 Cascades in 2 months I think it is only fair to call him an alcoholic.

@wongo said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

700 Cascades in 2 months I think it is only fair to call him an alcoholic.

Possibly just a bit thirsty. We’ve had record temperatures, you know.

Just with my phone.

Phones are just chip chip chipping away at the bottom, now middle end of the camera market. I’ve been mucking around trying to capture lightning with the iPhone “live” mode - crumbs it’s good.

administrators

@bitingmidge said in Jeez, Cascade is a shit beer:

Just with my phone.

Phones are just chip chip chipping away at the bottom, now middle end of the camera market. I’ve been mucking around trying to capture lightning with the iPhone “live” mode - crumbs it’s good.

Yes, almost no need to get a point and shoot camera. There are a few with good optical zooms that add value but I’ll never get one.

It’s my go to beer.

I have been drinking Rogers’ for a long time and can discern no change.

administrators

It’s my go to beer.

I have been drinking Rogers’ for a long time and can discern no change.

Little Creatures has a shit load of expensive hops in it. They ended up using less and cheaper varieties.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.