Kirin Ichiban

Tried one yesterday, passable for a pub drink, not much in the way of flavour and the head rretention was non existent.
Overall not that interesting but ok on a hot day, same league as Corona were my thoughts but certainly not ‘number one’.

Kirin all ways reminded me of Heineken, never a fan of either. Use to go for the Sapporo when I was in Japan

I would drink in preference to any of the CUB line up but not rushing out to buy any.
A lot of places we go for lunch have all the CUB culprits but offer Stella on tap so I have that, a lot more places we go for lunch have quite an extensive line up of contenders.
Rosemary picked up a slab of Tiger cans a week ago, don’t know what it is like but it is imported.

Try the Asahi, the Dry Black is wonderful & if you have to drink a lighter strength beer, the Soukai is outstanding for a 3.5% beer.
http://www.asahibeer.com.au/products/

@bunyip said in Kirin Ichiban:

I would drink in preference to any of the CUB line up but not rushing out to buy any.
A lot of places we go for lunch have all the CUB culprits but offer Stella on tap so I have that, a lot more places we go for lunch have quite an extensive line up of contenders.
Rosemary picked up a slab of Tiger cans a week ago, don’t know what it is like but it is imported.

Is it Thai Tiger or Singapore Tiger? From memory the Singapore isn’t a bad drop, and my Bro inlaw living in Thailand drinks the local Tiger in preference to Singha so it can’t be too bad either.

Prefer Asahi to Kirin. Went to the Asahi beer museum in Tokyo & had a tasting board, some of their beers are quite good.
I’ve found it good practice to drink the local beer at the same temperature as the locals do.

@shy-ted said in Kirin Ichiban:

I’ve found it good practice to drink the local beer at the same temperature as the locals do.

Yes, just about every venue you go to here offers you free frostbite if you hold the glass for more than 10 seconds, buggered many good ales I think and the locals say everything tastes the same.
We often get a schooner of 150 lashes to have with a pub type meal and I let it sit for a while so I can actually taste it.
Without going back to my Michael Jackson bible of beers I am pretty sure that ales benefit from about 10°C serving, dark ales a bit warmer and lagers a lot colder.

@termite said in Kirin Ichiban:

Is it Thai Tiger or Singapore Tiger? From memory the Singapore isn’t a bad drop, and my Bro inlaw living in Thailand drinks the local Tiger in preference to Singha so it can’t be too bad either.

Just checked the cans, Singapore, may try one tonight in stead of Stella, don’t mind Stella but one is generally enough.
Back to Becks and don’t let Rosemary come home with bargains, Stella was on special so bugger what I wanted.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.