New Tractor

Due to be delivered tomorrow, here is a pic of it in their workshop 2 days ago.
Those mirrors have to go & I’ll see if I can swap the indicators around so there are on the inside of the ROP frame or they’ll get ripped off in no time.

0_1528931341605_2036R left.jpg
0_1528931361625_2036R right.jpg

last edited by Cliff Rogers

Like the sweeper attachment on the back.
Getting a FEL or don’t need one.
Why JD, I thought you were a Kubota bloke.

administrators

Pretty green.

Are you considering putting wheels on the top side too?

Prefer orange myself.

A loader is almost $7K I can buy a lot of beer with $7K.

I use a carry-all on the back the most, the loader would be handy BUT… it uses up heaps of space & gets in the way most of the time, this is primarily a mower & secondarily a 4wd vehicle for planting trees.

I can get the carry-all on & off in less than 2 minutes.

BIL is a big John Deere user & got me a good price.
He travels the world with JD & they call him for ideas & advice.

To many things on the Kubota break far too often, I lose weeks at a time every year fixing the f’n thing & the parts are as dear as poison.

Doesn’t need wheels on the top, you don’t need wheels while you are parked… the mirrors have to go 'cos that’ll stick in the mud.

So what’s the primary tree planter.
Around here orange is favoured as parts are cheaper than JD and the cockies say they don’t break as often although JD is favoured for the big bastards along with a few Euro brands.
I believe the JD mower is easy to attach, SWMBO uses a mower at work and says it is the best mower they have had, cleaner cut than others of comparable size.
$7k for a loader, shite!!!
I know mine is smaller but I think it was about $4k for the 4 in 1.

last edited by bunyip

@bunyip said in New Tractor:

So what’s the primary tree planter.

I am the primary tree planter, the tractor is just used to carry the trees, tools & fertiliser.

It arrived yesterday arvo, I’ve done an hour of mowing already.
0_1529103377932_JD 2036R (Large).JPG

get off the bloody computer and go and finish it…

Drinking coffee now.

Nothing really badly needs mowing, I think I’ll pull the indicators off & remount them on the inside of the ROP so I don’t wipe them out on a tree.

Yes, when I brush past mine the lenses come off, there is not much clearance in the shed and it happens almost every time I park it when I get off and walk out.
That is one item they could have designed a lot better, plus I never use them.

administrators

Yes, when I brush past mine the lenses come off, there is not much clearance in the shed and it happens almost every time I park it when I get off and walk out.
That is one item they could have designed a lot better, plus I never use them.

If you don’t use them, how do the horse know which way you are turning. Inconsiderate bastard.

Actually how do you know which way you are turning too?

@bitingmidge said in New Tractor:

Actually how do you know which way you are turning too?

Simple. He’s only removing the side indicators, not the top and bottom ones.

You realise that the mowing deck is really outriggers…

I’d be interested to see how you buggers would go mowing or spraying weeds at our place. :smirk:

administrators

@cliff-rogers said in New Tractor:

I’d be interested to see how you buggers would go mowing or spraying weeds at our place. :smirk:

I wouldn’t buy a place with so many hills.

Or I’d get you to come down and mow it for me.

@dog said in New Tractor:

I wouldn’t buy a place with so many hills.
Or I’d get you to come down and mow it for me.

We don’t have a hill, we just have a ridge & a valley.

$80/hr plus travel & I’m there.

I want to see that thing mow a slope steeper than what we have, I already mow slopes like the ones in the video.

Plus, that is a f’n lot of walking to do following the bloody thing around… I’d rather be riding on it… the new one has a beer holder, the old one had one but it got smashed off several years ago.

They use them on the freeway cuttings here and they are bloody steep, the operator I have seen doing it hard in his ute up to 500m away with the RC unit.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.