Socceroos vs France (and the whole of FIFA)

And yet again we are subjected to the spectacle of the Europeans diving to persuade the referees to pay a foul or a penalty when playing against Australia. What is it with these national sides when they get to the World Cup? I watch a fair bit of English Premier League football and some of the European league games and, the truth is, I don’t see anything like the amount of staging for free kicks that we have just witnessed from the French in the game against the Socceroos. Yet most of the individual players are from sides that compete weekly in the EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc. Is it simply that they know FIFA is riddled with corruption and they can get away with it? Or am I being too cynical?

@col said in Socceroos vs France (and the whole of FIFA):

s it simply that they know FIFA is riddled with corruption and they can get away with it? Or am I being too cynical?

Both. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

First of all Italy didn’t make it this time so it can’t be that bad. I watched the match but I did not see diving. They acted a little but they did not drive.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.