Compost tumbler

Have one big Osborne brand compost tumbler, mine is earlier version than shown, 0_1534295761400_$_20.JPG and does not have the ribs on the body.
So suggestions on how I can make it easier to turn.

• large cog bolted to one side of body…another cog on the winding handle.
  • some type of rubber on the body (where ribs are)
  • ??

If you don’t keep putting food scraps and stuff in them , they turn real easy

Get the missus to do it.

thank gawd, I got intelligent answers…just what I was expecting. This place never ceases to amaze me.

0_1534304873310_compost.jpg this is my one slightly different to one above

last edited by Tonto

Take it off the frame, position it at the top of a slope (Cliff has one if you don’t) and let it go. It’ll turn real easy.

Send it to me… I’ll turn it for you but you’ll have to come & get it from the bottom of the gully. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll try to miss the water.

Cliff won’t push it down the hill, he’ll just mount it on the ride-on mower.

A bit of grease on your so called bearing points would help, rust was never a very good lubricant.

administrators

Once you work it out, can you come by and turn mine?

I’m sure our daughter’s had a wheel/handle grafted to the sides? (like a wheelchair hand wheel for want of a better word), and my oldies had one with a crossed handle through the axle - maybe the old man did it - put an axle and handle through the centre?

last edited by bitingmidge

Throw in a cat and a rat (or a small dog) and let them turn it for you. perpetual motion.

Actually, you could just pop in a couple of guinea pigs…

jeez Cliff…I didnt even think of youtube, thanks for those leads…

Back your motorbike up to it and put it up on the centrestand before firing it up and running the back wheel up against it in 1st gear. Don’t have a moto? - Perfect excuse to buy one.

Mick

Like this? (Gidday Mick!)

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.