Toys
administrators

New toy.

Need find a few pollies to practice on.

0_1536451942180_driver-small.jpg

Fjook, that is a serious bit of kit for a hobby farmer, you going to do a lot of fencing or sell it when you have finished?

You lucky bastard, I have the auger and a tamper that is hand operated, ergo, bloody hard work.

I also challenge you to find a polly who is straight enough and remain firm.

administrators

@cliff-rogers said in Toys:

Fjook, that is a serious bit of kit for a hobby farmer, you going to do a lot of fencing or sell it when you have finished?

Yeah, I’ve got about 700 fence posts to do and then I’ll sell it.

It all comes down to time vs money and trying to get the right balance. It costs at least $10 a post to pay someone to do it and to do it with an auger is a lot of hard work.

Someone was asking (not necessarily getting) $8k for a very well used one. I figure I’ll get more than that when I sell this in good condition.

administrators

@bunyip said in Toys:

Doesn’t matter does it?

Makes sense if you can flip it & not lose $7K off the new price, don’t break it.

Pissweak! Use a crowbar and shovel like a real man!:construction_worker:

administrators

@shy-ted said in Toys:

Pissweak! Use a crowbar and shovel like a real man!:construction_worker:

Why don’t you come down and show me. I figure I should get the hang of it after watching you do the first 690 posts.

I’ve done my fair share of hand dug posts. Hence the willingness to spend $12k to make my life easier.

This was one of the justifications for getting the tractor.

@bunyip said in Toys:

No need:

1. Bore hole with auger.
  2. Insert polly in hole, head first.
  3. Ram post into polly, with or without auger.
  4. Admire finished work.

Mick

If you can afford it, fill ya boots mate. How come you need a get fucked fence on a hobby farm though?

administrators

@craig said in Toys:

If you can afford it, fill ya boots mate. How come you need a get fucked fence on a hobby farm though?

A wife with horses

OIC. Happy wife, happy life :)

We just paid about $1500 for 4 one acre paddocks to be created with 4 gates hung, we supplied the gates.
T bought two gates and put them on the arena.
That price included wire and the white plastic ‘wire’ around the existing arena, it doesn’t act like a cheese cutter if you fall on it, it drops you gently then springs back… in theory.
I hate hanging gates although the Milwaukee 18v fuel drill bangs an 18mm auger through with relative ease.
also I couldn’t drive a unit like that with my tractor.
Wish daughters would marry a bank CEO or someone with a similar income.

@dog said in Toys:

A wife with horses

Does she keep trying to escape?
:)

Probably not but the bank balance does, we have six at the moment and feed is a killer.

We’ve got 2 horses on our place at the moment, but they are my daughters and she pays for the feed herself. Luckily for her one of those horses could live on the smell of an oily rag (so to speak).

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.