Buying a new car?

A list of what to avoid and why.
I love the no bullshit approach but no dildo today
link text

last edited by bunyip

Pretty much agrees with what I’ve observed, but how could he dump Great Wall & Peugot?:grin:

Interesting that some of those on the ‘go for’ list had pretty poor reputations only a few years ago. (Kia, Hyundai, even Subaru back in the '80s.)

last edited by Shy Ted

Even Honda are lacking today, caught asleep at the wheel and fell behind.
I remember back in the early 70’s Mazda were an absolute bomb, poorly made and unreliable.

@shy-ted said in Buying a new car?:

even Subaru back in the '80s

but of course that was 30 years ago…

and yes I am buying a new car and yes I am saving thousands off the retail price.

So far so good, price is a little better than 10% below full freight, without having to put up with all the usual crap. Got the price while in Belgium, ordered it while in the UK, will confirm in the US and pay for it from Canada, hopefully to have it delivered the afternoon we arrive home.

Will keep you posted, but it seems to be working.

Oh… Subaru XV with all the bells and whistles.

Get one with Balls & a Whizzer.

Do the cars purchased in Europe conform to ADR’s and is the suspension the same.
I thought most cars were fine tuned for their export destination.

I think he has actually ordered it from an Oz dealer (not a European one).

@joker said in Buying a new car?:

I think he has actually ordered it from an Oz dealer (not a European one).

Give that man the prize!

Despite rumours to the contrary - some cars are actually cheaper in Aus these days even without the need to modify for ADR’s.

Ladies

Dent bought a new LDV T60

It’s excellent

2.8 common rail turbo diesel

All the fruit.

It’s got 6500km on it now and its faultless

A bit big. 5365mm long

It’s well refined for a Chinese Ute. Volkswagen and GM have a big stake in SAIC motors

For 30 skins drive away…it’s nearly half the price of its rivals. I got the ABN discount and it’s the “poverty pack”

Leaf rear and no folding mirrors but it’s a great Ute and the 4x4 system works well

The power is only 109kw. That’s able to be chipped up but with the 6 speed manual it’s got long and very economic legs

Yeah, Dent, but is it as good as a Great Wall. That’s the standard by which all vehicles must be judged.

What is the motor a copy of?
Jap or Korean?

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.