thin strips 90mm pvc pipe

immagine, offcut of 90mm PVC stormwater pipe cut in 30-40mm strips, then sliced at an angle so each piece was 30mm at top and 10mm at base cutting pvc[0_1541797953982_img20181110_07403033.pdf](Uploading 100%)

Can you post the image again?

Is it a funnel?

![alt text]0_1541816085253_5be3befb-7406-4d5f-aff0-7b9f1c74b0ae-image.png (image url)

dont fuckin tell me I dont have priveledges stupid computer.

Yes but what’s the point of it?

Adding new tailights to the utes canopy and at moment they are star gazing…figure cut a slice of PVC, glue in place and the mount tail light hopefully happy chappy

Sapling, fencing wire & some possum piss should do it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@cliff-rogers said in thin strips 90mm pvc pipe:

Sapling, fencing wire & some possum piss should do it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

been waiting for that… Thanks Cliff, I can rest easy now.

What tools do you have? Personally, I’d cut it with a handsaw, fairly fine tooth, but if you want to go hi-tech you can do it with a bandsaw, (big) tablesaw, dropsaw, whatever.

If you have a 14" steel cut off saw (big abrasive disc) they are brilliant for cutting pvc pipe. Drop saws etc not so much. Failing the cut off saw, mark it out and use an angle grinder. Cut lots of pvc pipe as well as plastic mouldings with grinders over the years. 90mm pvc is rather thin, use 100mm if you can as it has much thicker walls.

Mick

@jmick said in thin strips 90mm pvc pipe:

If you have a 14" steel cut off saw (big abrasive disc) they are brilliant for cutting pvc pipe. Drop saws etc not so much. Failing the cut off saw, mark it out and use an angle grinder. Cut lots of pvc pipe as well as plastic mouldings with grinders over the years. 90mm pvc is rather thin, use 100mm if you can as it has much thicker walls.

Mick

thanks Mick, playing around this arvo I now realise the 90mm will be just too tight for the size lights, whereas I can use the 100mmm and do two small cuts, pull together and glue up around the light. and I do have a large cut off saw …

when I finally get them finished will put up some pics.

It’s a doddle… a SMSC will work well too, cutting relatively quickly gives you a cleaner cut. Gluing PVC to anything but itself is a problem though.

Think about just making a backing piece from timber shaped to the light, epoxy coat it and paint to match the canopy. It’s not as dodgy as it sounds - just a standard boatbuilding thing.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.