I T Stuff

Cheers, thanks and done!

Not trying to be a pushy prick, but did you get a chance to stuff this in the mail? I’m just concerned it may have gone missing, I’ve had a few things get lost lately in the mail.

That time of year, daghter ordered some stuff from the uk, arrived in aus and has been sitting in customs since 27/11.
Sorting machine in Sunshine broke and has also caused delays.

When 5G comes online I reckon most people will go wireless again and within 5 years the NBN will be obsolete and we will have had at least 4 new Prime Ministers … you heard it here first folks!

administrators

@outback said in I T Stuff:

Not trying to be a pushy prick, but did you get a chance to stuff this in the mail? I’m just concerned it may have gone missing, I’ve had a few things get lost lately in the mail.

No, I’m a lazy shit.

I couldn’t find the charger to it, found that and I then left the whole thing in the wife’s car as I was going to go to the post office. I missed.

I’ll get it off today,

Cheers,
Chris

@bleedin-thumb said in I T Stuff:

When 5G comes online I reckon most people will go wireless again and within 5 years the NBN will be obsolete and we will have had at least 4 new Prime Ministers … you heard it here first folks!

I remember when the NBN argument was raging here, and I offered a view that by the time it was finished new wireless alternatives would be invented, I was put soundly in my place by those who knew better. the tech heads here said it couldn’t be done because… physics.

Then Hawkings dies and physics comes along in leaps and bounds… it’s all I can think of that could have been holding it all back. Well that and the LNP of course.

administrators

5G is useful but it won’t replace the NBN, it will complement it.

If we got the original NBN instead of the complete and utter fuckup that we ended up with, 5G would be useful for the fixed wireless.

Physics is still there. When you use 5G spectrum with 1000 of your closest friends, speed will be shit. This is the reality for anyone in a populated area.

administrators

@dog said in I T Stuff:

@outback said in I T Stuff:

No, I’m a lazy shit.

I couldn’t find the charger to it, found that and I then left the whole thing in the wife’s car as I was going to go to the post office. I missed.

I’ll get it off today,

Cheers,
Chris

It got sent today,

The dog ate my homework, there was an earthquake and a cyclone.

@dog said in I T Stuff:

The dog ate my homework, there was an earthquake and a cyclone.

What about the bush fire?

Thanks dog.
NBN turned out to be a clusterfuck of epic proportions, the original plan was Ok, but as soon as they backed off that and started to incorporate rusty copper it went south.
I have no opinion on 5G, until a few eeks ago I only had three of them, sometimes.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.