Nesting Falcon
administrators

I think it’s an XM Falcon

@dog said in Nesting Falcon:

Just as well they figured out how to land them in one piece before they built the Millennium Falcon I guess.

did a little surfing last night and found this info from another forum, but these are only comments and considering where I got the info from very one sided point of view. No it wasnt the greens farty

You will have to look it up yer-self, but it was put in the tree by property owner Eddie Ford as part of a publicity stunt for a book he was publishing…

Eddie was pretty big in the Hot Rod scene years ago, he was one of the original guys that came up with the idea of starting an Aussie Hot Rod magazine, the mag was Custom Rodder which im sure some of the older guys here remember…

Besides Custom Rodder, he also published Americar Australia, Custom Vans and Trucks and histories of Ford and Holden…

I believe it’s in the Muckleford area of Victoria, they are old VIC plates.

But Vic never had O or I as they could be confused with numbers, T was for taxi’s and M for State Government vehicles which were/are red on white, the first two were adopted much later in the piece and personalised plates didn’t come in until much later, about the late 80’s I think.

Qld plates were white letters on a black background until sometime in the late '70s or early '80s.

Mick

@dog said in Nesting Falcon:

So I did a bit of a google and judging by the tail lights and the shape of the side of the body it’s an XK or XL. From XM onwards the bodywork around the tail lights sticks out. Bit more research and it’s more likely an XK because the XL has a wider C-pillar.

See here: http://www.xfalcon.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14281-xm-coupe/
scroll down to post 15.

Mick

administrators

Ok, XK or XL.

surely its an xx or maybe an xy or xru :blush:

XL OR XY IT LIKE ALL FALCONS CARRY THE HOS LETTERING

So what is the tree?

@bunyip said in Nesting Falcon:

So what is the tree?

It’s a large woody vegetable.

Like Army cabbage?

Like Army cabbage?

No, like an army occifer.

@shy-ted said in Nesting Falcon:

Like Army cabbage?

No, like an army occifer.

You’re not doing justice to the tree.

So what is the tree?

A bloody unlucky one.

Looks like your connection to The Blokey Shed was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.